How To Use Lift Mate via Bluetooth Only
Most people buy Lift Mate devices in order to make their existing boat lift smart by installing this hardware add-on. However, let us not forget that if there is no signal at the dock, you can still use Lift Mate via Bluetooth. This can be a particularly good solution if it is impossible to get Wi-Fi coverage to their boat lift.
In this article, we show you how to use Lift Mate exclusively via Bluetooth if you cannot establish a Wi-Fi / Internet connection.
- In order to be able to use Lift Mate, the most important thing is that it is properly installed & setup. This is how you will be able to access its user interface and control your boat lift. If you want more information about this, please read the installation manual of the Lift Mate device.
- If you want to access Lift Mate via Bluetooth, turn on the Bluetooth function of your phone.
- IMPORTANT: The Bluetooth function only needs to be turned on, Lift Mate DOES NOT need to be paired from the phone's Bluetooth settings.
- Open the Lift Mate smartphone application and tap on the Bluetooth icon.
- If the phone's Bluetooth is switched on and the Bluetooth icon is selected in the app, an automatic connection is established. It is important to mention that this option is only available if the phone is within the high powered Bluetooth range of Lift Mate.
If you have done all this, you can now control your Lift Mate (and therefore your boat lift) via Bluetooth.
II. How to access the Bluetooth settings of your Lift Mate smartphone application?
In several occasions, it may be necessary to access the Bluetooth settings of Lift Mate smartphone application. The settings contain a lot of important information, including the device's type, UUID or serial number. To access this, please follow the steps below.
- Tap on the cogwheel icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the network setup section.
- Tap on the ‘Bluetooth information’ option.